For a social media business profile to be successful, you should have a solid plan and a thorough strategy. A lot of effort should be put into the creation of good social media content in order for it to start returning your investment.
The most efficient way for running social media profiles is hiring a trustworthy social media agency that will offer you the services of a social media manager (community manager). A social media manager is responsible for advertising on social networks and must be dedicated to it on a daily basis. A good community manager is the key to building a powerful community.
So, how do you choose a great social media manager?
Pay attention to the personal characteristics of the candidate.
When you look for a community manager, you should make sure that person understands your target audience and their interest in your product. A good social media manager should be:
- communicative and interested in solving problems
- comfortable with working with other people
- a good listener with a professional approach
- has a positive and enthusiastic attitude
Check if the candidate has the necessary information about your target audience
It is obligatory for you to make sure that the potential community manager has enough knowledge to relate to your target audience.
For example, if you produce cheese, the candidate should not be familiar only with the market and cheese consumers but also with their way of thinking when deciding which type of cheese to buy.
Make sure that the candidate is reliable.
If you are hiring a community manager from a well-known social media agency, chances are you will be collaborating with a real professional. However, if you are hiring a freelancer, make sure he has the required skills and knowledge, such as:
- Good understanding of social networks
- Preciseness and clarity when providing followers with feedback and help
- Ability of multitasking and coordinating activities on social networks with business goals
Before hiring a social media manager, try to answer the following crucial questions. These questions are the ones that a social media agency HR staff usually ask themselves when recruiting new community managers.
- Does the candidate show interest in hanging out on the internet?
- Does the candidate show interest in connecting with your social media followers, clients and buyers?
- Do you think the candidate is a reliable and professional person that will do the job with dignity at any moment?
- Do people naturally gravitate towards the candidate?
- Will the candidate:
– proactively participate in finding new ideas for online promotion?
– work on the improvement of your social media reputation on a daily basis?
Carefully answer these questions because your social media manager is the one who will be communicating with your followers every day and enforcing your marketing strategy. If your team already has a reliable person who is responsible and loves social media, you may want to forward this task to that person. However, it’s not always possible. If that’s the case, don’t hesitate to contact a respectable social media agency and find your perfect community manager.